You are invited to join us at our next event – Achieving a clean air Hong Kong: A seminar on “A Clean Air Plan for Hong Kong” – to be held on Saturday September 28, 2013. The event is co-organized by EMAHK and University of Hong Kong, MSc Environmental Management.
Our keynote speaker will be Mr. Andrew Lai, Deputy Director of Environmental Protection Department, Government of the HKSAR. Immediately following his speech, Mr Lai will join guests from the power companies and transportation industry in a panel discussion. The second part of the program will consist of three presentations from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
This is a rare opportunity where stakeholders and academics can come together to share their views on a government proposed plan. The program details are as follows:
Part 1 – Keynote Speech and Panel Discussion
- Keynote speech by Mr. Andrew Lai, Deputy Director, Environmental Protection Department, Government of the HKSAR
- Panel discussion with
- Airport Authority of Hong Kong, Mr. Mike Kilburn, Senior Manager, Environment
- Civic Exchange, Mr. Simon KW Ng, Head of Transport and Sustainability Research
- CLP Holdings, Dr. Jeanne Ng, Director – Group Environmental Affairs
- Environmental Protection Department, Government of the HKSAR, Mr. Andrew Lai, Deputy Director
- HK Electric, Mr. TC Yee, General Manager, Corporate Development
- The Kowloon Motor Bus Co. (1933) Ltd., Mr. Alok Jain, Head of Planning Department
Part 2 – Seminar
- “The new Air Quality Health Index”
– Professor Alexis Lau, Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- “Transportation contribution to Clean Air Plan for Hong Kong”
– Dr. Wing-Tat Hung, Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- “The cost-effectiveness of the Clean Air Plan”
– Professor Yuan Xu, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography and Resource Management, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013
Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm ( Registration starts at 9:00am)
Venue: Wang Gungwu Theatre, the University of Hong Kong
Cost: Free of charge
Advance registration is required for this event, as space is limited. Click here to register.
(1) This event will be conducted in English.
(2) Video recording will be used during this event, and thus the camera may inadvertently capture your image.
(3) This is a BYOM (Bring your own mug) event. To help reduce solid waste generation, please bring your own cup to enjoy your beverage during the tea break.